Befriend Google and they will befriend you!
Ignore Google and you will be tossed into search results hell never to be found on the internet.
Google has centralized Search, Places for Business, and Google+ (their social network) into one easier-to-manage tool, now called Google My Business. Use Google My Business to put the right info about your business on Search, Maps and Google+ so that customers can get in touch.
You’ll need a free Google account to get started.
- Validate your Places for Business listing. Easier said than done. Validation methods include either a postcard mailed to your business address OR Google will call your business phone (but it will not validate if your phone has an auto-attendant!).
- Verify your firm info at My Business. Name, address, phone, website.
- Then create a Google+ social account for your firm.
Then just like all the other social platforms, get engaged with the core features including:
- Invite people to Follow your Google+ business page (similar to Facebook Like).
- Visitors can Recommend (Reviews) your business or professional practice.
- Post articles about your products or services, educate and create interest. No limit to post size (unlike Twitter 140 chars)
- You can post pictures to build a friendly brand.
- Use Insights (Analytics) to understand your web traffic and visitor interactions.
- You can access Adwords to promote your business on the net.
- You can even create your own YouTube channel on the internet from Google My Business. Videos are hot. Think about adding a one minute video to introduce your business. Visitors are more likely to will watch a short video than browse thru dozens of your website pages to find out more about you!
- You can even start a Hangout. That is a text or video version of Skype (on steroids). Connect with others face-face real-time and it’s free.
If there is one thing you do this to build your presence and brand on the net – Google My Business is a great choice.
Best wishes for your greatest year ever.
Bob Torella MBA
You might be saying, Bob it all sounds good but I have no time and I want my firm to be Google friendly. Please fast track Google My Business and let my firm shine above the competition. Easy peasy! Simply Contact us to move your practice forward.