Your brand is more important and more visible than ever in the age of mobile technology. My philosophy is simple: The Cloud + Social Media + Mobile = the New Winning Edge.
What image does your website project about your #CPA firm?
Here are some website issues that drive me crazy.
- Is your template mobile friendly? If you haven’t changed your template in the past year – IT IS NOT! There is a good chance that your first impression will be via a phone or tablet, even with direct referrals.
- Check for outdated content – that 2010 tax organizer has to go!
- Check for bad links. This poorly reflects your firm’s image.
- Do you have a link to a client portal? Banks and other financial institutions share docs 24/7 – why not you!
- Do you have fresh content from industry Newsletters, Blogs, RSS (news) feeds, or social feeds? Fresh content is KING!
- Do you have social media links to connect with your social platforms? Big for the new SEO. I am a big fan of social media and I will address this issue separately.
- Do you have social share icons so website visitors can forward info to other colleagues?
- Do you update your website regularly (monthly is the new minimum, O prefer weekly)? Search engines hate old websites with nothing new to share to its visitors. Who doesn’t!
- Do you accept online payments? Avoid the “check is in the mail” – so 2000! Get paid NOW.
- Do you have any testimonials or case studies to tout your deliverables? Many people use online reviews to make a decision to buy a product or service. More on local search down the road.
- Go crazy and add a introductory video. Visitors are more likely to watch a 60 second video rather than scour your site for information. Great way to differentiate your firm.
- Use Google Analytics to understand where your website traffic initiated and what pages were frequented.
Your metaTitle should contain your location and keywords (Bobby Jones CPA, Huntington NY, Business Advisors). This is the name that displays when you save your webpage as a favorite. Ask your webmaster,
Your metaDescription should be a compelling statement about your firm. This description is listed in local Search Engine Results Pages (SERP). Again, see you webmaster.
- Consider professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Again, your brand is more important and more visible than ever. If you have NOT addressed most of these website issues, your website (and your brand) may become irrelevant.
Take the time to nurture your image on a regular basis and move your brand to the top of the heap. If you are too busy or need help – or just need a kick in the buttocks to move forward – that’s what consultants like me are here for.
Best wishes for your greatest year ever.
Bob Torella MBA
Don’t know where to start – contact me for a free website evaluation. Simply send me your website address and I’ll get back to you with my professional analysis and specific tips – free.