Your brand is more important and more visible than ever in the age of mobile technology. Ignoring your image is not an option for success in this new economy.
Reading them is a start – taking action is BETTER.
- #Tax season a coming – invite your clients to connect with you on LinkedIn
- Add signs in your office (with QR codes) to let visitors know you are on LinkedIn. Check VistaPrint for inexpensive social media wall and window stickers.
- If you have a storefront, add window stickers with your LinkedIn address to let passersbys know you are on LinkedIn. Check VistaPrint for inexpensive social media wall and window stickers.
- C’mon add a picture. Profiles with pictures have more credibility. And make it a professional headshot.
- Is your Contact info complete and correct?
- Do you have a custom LinkedIn URL (easier to put on business cards)?
- Have you added any Links or Files to highlight your work?
- Does your Summary just detail your work history or your value-add to your clients or the industry?
- Does the Experience section highlight your firm services?
- Add Organizations or Volunteer work to boost your profile.
- Did you add links to your other social platforms?
- Add a power tag line to create interest (just under your name).
- Did you know you can tweak your public profile (what non-connections see?)?
- Did you know you can adjust your privacy settings to get fewer emails from LinkedIn?
- Think about adding a short video to introduce you or your firm.
- Post at least once per day to stay top of mind.
- Like someone else’s post to boost a colleague and build your activity.
- Don’t know what to post – add a comment to another post, it just takes a second.
- Read something interesting online? Share it using the LinkedIn share button on the article page.
- Did you know you can share an article to Groups using the LinkedIn share icon on the article page?
- Talk to a business client about getting more engaged on LinkedIn.
- Invite others to connect with you by adding LinkedIn to your email signature.
- Use the LinkedIn mobile app to stay connected.
- Check for new invitations from others at least weekly.
- You can quietly un-connect with someone from their profile tab.
- If you Volunteer or do Community work – add it to your profile.
- Add a custom background with any Premium package.
- People are looking at your profile on LinkedIn. What is their first impression?
- Join a Group to expand your influence.
- Post an article (like this) on LinkedIn Pulse for more visibility.
- Connect with Bob Torella MBA to get more LinkedIn and social media tips?
- Add your LinkedIn address to your business card.
Have a great tax season ahead. Don’t ignore LinkedIn just cause your too busy. It may be the most important time of year to stay connected.
All the best for a great year ahead.
Bob Torella MBA
Request a free website or social media assessment
Get 5 free specific tips to improve your image.