Blogging is alive and doing very well. What to blog about? How Often? Blogging tips.
A blog is a micro-website and internet forum for you to share your thoughts one to many, present yourself as thought-leader in your industry, and build your brand (your image) on the internet.
Blogs comes in many forms from WordPress blogs, to Google’s Blogger.com, Tumblr, LinkedIn Publishing (this article) and many others.
Most of the blogger services are FREE at the basic level and are reasonably easy to set up (much faster and easier than creating a website).
What to blog about?
Blogging in many ways is very similar to all of the other social platforms I mentioned in my prior blog posts. When blogging:
- Consider educating your clients (followers) and prospects on the latest issues that may affect their business or personal lives.
- Get people thinking (and commenting) in line with your practice’s goals
- Give your opinion of issue in the news or article you read (was it great or just hogwash)
- Differentiate your firm. Why should a client consider your firm? What are your core talents – let others know.
- Post content that will attract the right client for your practice. What topics would interest your best client today? Note: My next blog post will drill down into more posting ideas.
- Most importantly, have a plan, a theme, a purpose in mind for your blog (and all social media posts for that matter). Each blog post should support your key strategic vision.
How often to blog?
Keep your blog on your website. Then promote your new blogs over all your social media channels. Tip: your social post should point the viewer to your website to read the full blog article.
Social media posts have a short shelf life – repeat your social media posts periodically to boost visibility. You can change up the social posts to highlight different points within the blog – so it looks fresh to your visitors and the search engines.
While many other social platforms get more notoriety, blogging is still a valuable marketing tool for your arsenal. Use it to build your brand and create a great image for your firm on the net. We are in a new socially-driven and mobile-infused economy – take advantage of it.