Google My Business (aka Google Maps) is a powerful tool when implemented correctly – and few business do so properly so you can easily jump to the top of the class (or better yet, the top of a Google search).
Google My Business gives you the tools to update your listing and engage with your customers from your phone, tablet and computer.
Here are a few reasons to fully utilize this tool (and make your local traffic soar):
- Keep your info updated so people can find you on the net (especially from mobile devices)
- Add pictures and/or and video to create interest (easy with the GMB mobile app)
- Ask your good clients to add Reviews to your listing, tip: add more reviews than your competitors have!
- Add links to your website (blog or contact us page)
- Add an appointment URL (link to an online appointment generator)
- Add business categories! Tell Google who is your preferred client type to help Google send traffic your way (tax, accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, advisory services)
- NEW – add text messaging to your listing to make it easy to start a conversation (especially form mobile)
- NEW – Add informative social posts periodically that drive interest in your services
- Review Analytics to see how many times your listing was viewed, how many times someone looked up directions, or called your office!
It all starts by taking ownership of your Google listing. Find your listing in Google Maps and select “Claim this business” . Google will MAIL you a verification code. Also, take a close look at your business listing and compare it to your competitors here: https://www.google.com/maps
Need help, just ask. Or schedule a no-hassle consultation here to take your listing to the next level: http://ow.ly/DBwM30hfxF2
Happy holidays and may 2018 be your best year ever, Bob.